Health and Safety
Safety is the foundation of all our operations. We operate in the knowledge that we must continually challenge and improve our safety performance, we list some of our recent initiatives.
We have implemented our own Safety brand, STOP;
Cockram China’ updated safety record:
- Beigene Ph 2&3 – 500,000 Safe Man Hours to Date
- Dragon Sail SH – 550,000 Safe Man Hours to Date
- Siemens Shanghai – 1,000,000 Safe Man hours to Date
- BeiGene Ph 1 GZ – 2,700,000 Safe Man Hours
- Zoetis Suzhou – 2,800,000 Safe Man Hours
- Pfizer HZ – 2,700,000 Safe Man Hours
- J&J Xi’an – 5,800,000 Safe Man Hours
- AstraZeneca Wuxi – 1,500,000 Safe Man Hours
- Pfizer Suzhou – 1,800,000 Safe Man Hours
- DOW Shanghai – 7,000,000 Safe Man Hours
We plan to operate incident and injury-free and we are committed to realising this across all of our divisions. To support this positive safety culture we have developed a robust safety and risk management system which drives continuous safety improvement targeted at the early identification of potential workplace hazards.
Without a lost time injury on the DOW R&D Center at Shanghai, China
without a lost time injury on the PfizerAnimal Health, API and Utilities projects at Mumbai, India
We are committed to:
- Incorporating Safety and Occupational Health management into all aspects of the business.
- Communicating effectively our safety policy and procedures to all stakeholders.
- Providing appropriate safety training and awareness to all Cockram people.
- Complying with statutory obligations.
Cockram is committed to ensuring the environment is not compromised by activities undertaken by the organisation. We develop and implement an Environmental Management Plan for each project to address the specific environmental risks of the project the application of best practice for that project. Key Indicators of environmental management performance are monitored through:
- Regulatory compliance with relevant legislation.
- Establishment and incorporation of Best Practice for environmentalmanagement.
- Personnel training and environmental awareness for all personnel and staff.
- Clear definition of roles and obligations and empowerment of the individual to act on issues of environmental management.
- Clear and concise communication with employees, sub-contactors, client personnel and regulatory bodies regarding environmental objectives and regulatory compliance